Brand Story Video Countdown Checklist
5 weeks to a successful Brand Story Video shoot
Congratulations again on making the commitment to have your Brand Story Video produced, filmed, and edited by Geffner Productions!
Just so you know exactly what to expect, below you’ll find a Countdown Checklist (along with some helpful links) that highlights all of the different elements of your Brand Story Video pre-production process that we will be working through together in the coming weeks.
There is a lot of useful information included below, and we will, of course, be here to guide you every step of the way, and to answer any questions you have as they come up.
For a “big picture” understanding of the main categories we’ll need to discuss together, click here for a more general overview of the entire Brand Story Video process.
The good news is you don’t need to worry about all of this information at one time. We are going to take it step-by-step, and guide you on the most important things to focus on all along the way, so that we can try to eliminate as much of the overwhelm for you as possible.
In the descriptions below, you will see text that is highlighted in blue. Click on those links to be taken to a separate page to learn more about that specific topic.
5 weeks before your video shoot
(week of April 16th, 2018)
Schedule strategy calls with the Geffners for 4 weeks before your shoot & 2 weeks before your shoot
- Finish your Brand Story Video Questionnaire and email it to Jaime@GeffnerProductions.com
- Review Location Search Info and get started thinking about finding suitable filming locations for both your interview & b-roll shots
Think about any guests/people who need to be involved in your shoot, and check their availability for our upcoming filming date
Review general Wardrobe Guidelines regarding what to wear on-camera
- Review Wardrobe, Image & Styling Offer (OPTIONAL: This is additional help, if you need it)
4 weeks before your video shoot
(week of April 23rd, 2018)
- Strategy Call #1 with the Geffners (Schedule your strategy session here, if you haven’t done so already) to discuss the following details:
Review Brand Story Video Questionnaire together, if necessary
Discuss filming location(s)
- Discuss B-roll Ideas and Guests
- Determine if you want to add Testimonials to your Brand Story Video (OPTIONAL: There is an additional fee for this)
- Discuss Wardrobe, Image & Styling Offer
- Discuss Photo Shoot Offer (OPTIONAL: Only available for certain shoots)
3 weeks before your video shoot
(week of April 30th, 2018)
Firm up filming location(s) – send pictures to Jaime, if necessary
Firm up list of b-roll ideas
Talk to and formally invite guests – check their availability for the afternoon on our day of filming, and send Jaime any guest time constraints
Start to put together outfits and/or go shopping for clothing
Receive final list of Brand Story interview questions from Jaime, for your review
2 weeks before your video shoot
(week of May 7th, 2018)
- Strategy Call #2 with the Geffners (Schedule your strategy session here, if you haven’t done so already) to make sure we are on track with all the details for your upcoming shoot
Review Brand Story interview questions & start preparing yourself mentally
Remind guests about the upcoming shoot, and get their final, firm commitment
Send instructions to guests about what to wear on-camera
Shop for clothing and accessories for the shoot
Get any clothes dry cleaned or tailored, as necessary
Get hair cut, colored, or refreshed
Get facial & brow shaping
1 week before your video shoot
(week of May 14th, 2018)
- Reconfirm all guests
Practice going over interview questions
Final shopping for clothes, and put all outfits together
Pick up dry cleaning and/or clothes from tailor
Pick up any props you need for the shoot
Drink plenty of water
Get plenty of rest!
1 day before your video shoot
(May 21st, 2018)
Get nails done
Get hair blown out professionally, if necessary
Pick up flowers, if necessary
Prep and pack clothes
Prep and pack food for day of filming
Exercise and/or meditate
Print directions to location(s)
Get plenty of rest!
The day of your video shoot
(May 22nd, 2018)
Arrive on time
Get yourself into the makeup chair
Let us handle everything else!